SPL Reading Challenge
We are offering a reading challenge for adults and teens. The challenge begins April 1, 2021 and ends September 30, 2021.
To accept the challenge just read 1 book from our list of challenge categories.
Prizes will be awarded when you reach successive levels:
1) Read up to 20 books in the different categories provided
2) May read a category no more than 3 times
3) Read between 4/1/21 and 9/30/21
4) Books can come from the library, Bridges, or other sources.
5) Keep track of what you read
Library staff can help you find books and keep track of what you have read. We will also ask you to tell us if you recommend the books you read.
- HISTORICAL FICTION
- SET IN NEW ORLEANS
- A BOOK YOU CAN READ IN A DAY
- SCIENCE FICTION
- BOOK WITH A CAT OR DOG IN IT
- BIOGRAPHY OR MEMOIR
- BOOK SET IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY
- PUBLISHED 20 OR MORE YEARS AGO
- YOUND ADULT
- BOOK WITH A PLACE IN THE TITLE
- GRAPHIC NOVEL
- FEATURING A RELIGION DIFFERENT FROM YOUR OWN
- PARANORMAL FICTION
- AN AUTHOR YOU HAVE NEVER READ\
- COLOR IN THE TITLE
- FEATURING NATIVE AMERICANS
- IOWA AUTHOR
- FEATURING THE GREAT OUTDOORS
- ABOUT FAMILY
- MAIN CHARACTER WITH GENDER DIFFERENT FROM YOUR OWN
- CHOOSE A BOOK IT’S COVER
- BEST FRIENDS